Thursday 25 August 2016

26/08/16 - Production Studio: Interactive - Narrative Development

For our current assessment I've teamed up with Ethan and both Michelle's to produce a game level.

To start with brainstorming, we used boardgamizer.com, and generated themes until we found one we liked - which wound up being a pirate themed quest for booty.

So far, I've sketched out four variations of character with which to make colour concepts for.

  I produced a fair handful of colour concepts from these four, and then pitched these to the rest of my group, so that I could pick a final concept with which to both create a turn around of, and trial in the actual style we want to use with the game (which so far is planned to be a low poly 3D).
 This one garnered the most votes out of the options, so I plan to draw a turn around for it this weekend.

We also needed to produce a world/environment concept, so I roughed out this - a simple demonstration of how the environment might progress through the level.
I still want to tweak the colours of this somewhat, but I like the idea of the progression from tropic beach, to deeper, swampier forest, and then into a deep cave for the end of the level.


No comments:

Post a Comment