Thursday 1 September 2016

1/09/16 - Creative Studio - Abstracting

So I'm yet to really talk about my idea for my animation on here.
In part because I have very little clue what I solidly want to do.

My basis, though, is I want to use bartending and mixology as my discipline for the animation, and I want to make a 3D zoetrope, since I like the appeal of sculpting and modelling something physical for this.
My only major idea with it so far is to form a skull with liquid motions and shattering and reforming - as if the skull was being poured and mixed like a cocktail. Is it abstract enough? I have no idea.
But it sounds like it'd look cool, so I like it for now.

I love designing characters and monsters, though, so when we were told to turn our discipline into one, I was into it.
But how do I make something from mixology?
I liked the skull and fluid ideas I had for the actual animation, so I wanted to make a creature that was both skeletal, but also slimy and drippy.

Hence, you got this - a creature that starts with dark goo at the bottom, and transfers into shifting smoke at the top - after all, smoke and alcohol are commonly portrayed side by side.
The rib cage and hints of a spine and pelvis allude to the skeletal side, and the face has a goopy, dripping open mouth, and no eyes (if you want a reason for the lack of eyes, I would consider it an allusion to the saying that 'bad moonshine'll turn you blind').






































In terms of what abilities this creature would have, I imagined a mix of shapeshifting and possession.
It said pose, but I wound up making a rough gif because I didn't know how to draw possession and it looked cool.


No comments:

Post a Comment